History

The Mylor firefighting organisation was established in 1935 when a group of local land owners came together to fight bushfires in the area using farm vehicles. Before this, informal meetings regarding firefighting in the Mylor area have been recorded as far back as 1910.  From then on the organisation grew, eventually being incorporated in the EFS (Emergency Fire Service) around 1945 which later became the CFS (Country Fire Service).

Mylor EFS 50, later know as Mylor CFS 51

Mylor EFS 50, later know as Mylor CFS 51

Mylor EFS Bedford after restoration in the 1980s

Mylor EFS Bedford after restoration in the 1980s