We have been lucky enough to track down one of our old fire trucks.
The 1948 Bedford MLZ served with Mylor EFS, (now CFS) from 1961 to 1971. Once it finished service with Mylor, it then went to the Mt Lofty Training Center where it served as a training appliance for sometime. Around 1980 the truck came back into the possession of Mylor CFS and its members where it was used as a display vehicle after being restored. The truck was then donated to a museum in Adelaide where it stayed for some time before changing hands.
The truck was recently discovered in Old Tailem Town, just outside Tailem Bend. It is in a deteriorating condition, although undercover, it is the wish of the Mylor CFS members to have it returned to the local community and restored.
We are seeking information from anyone who might know anything about it, and its past, during it’s firefighting life and after. If you can help us begin unravelling its history please contact us.
Picture Taken by Steve Schueler, circa 1980.